Mobile Applications Developer
Yotta is a provider of software and services, leading the way in data driven infrastructure asset management. We use our imagination and expertise to bring new levels of innovation to data collection, analysis, interpretation and decision making, enabling our customers to achieve more with less.
We have a range of market leading software products backed up with a range of surveying and consultancy services which help our customers deliver a better service across their highways department. We are technological leaders in the UK market and are entering an exciting phase of potential growth both within the UK and Internationally.
We are part of the AIM listed Oxford Metrics Group of companies who provide vision technology across the life science, entertainment, defence and engineering sectors.
We are currently seeking a mobile software developer to be part of our growing and successful development team. The ideal candidate would have experience of developing applications for Android devices using Java and the Android SDK.
The role will allow you to show off your skills and make applications that will be loved by our nationwide customer base.
Required Skills and experience:
- 2+ years commercial experience as an Android Mobile Applications Developer with proven track record or relevant degree & demonstrable applications
- Strong software development skills including in depth experience in the following: Java, Android Studio, Android SDK, web services, Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Experience with database driven applications, offline storage, and mapping solutions are desirable
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Keen eye for detail and passion for creating great user experiences
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills
Each candidate must be prepared to attend the interview ready to discuss a demonstrable mobile application that they have developed.
Other Desirable Skills
Opportunities may arise for development on other platforms, so experience with any of the following may be beneficial:
Our policy is to recruit, train and promote people because of their ability, the needs of the job and similar relevant criteria. We encourage all employees to take advantage of the opportunities we provide for training and development.
We will treat all employees and job applicants equally. We will not consider race, nationality, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed or disability in any matters to do with employment.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Carys Hughes email@example.com .