Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Yotta Surveying Ltd is a leader in the highways market, providing a complete range of UKPMS Surveys (Course Visual Inspection/Detailed Visual Inspection/SCANNER/Asset Surveys), software and services to Local Authorities and engineering consultants to help them deliver better value for money and service in managing and maintaining our road network.
Yotta is a wholly owned subsidiary of OMG plc which is listed under AIM on the London Stock Exchange.
The primary function of this role is to assist in the processing and production of geospatially referenced highways datasets. Specifically, the successful candidate will prepare survey networks for our surveyors and process the returned data, ensuring the highest quality is delivered to our customers. Working under the direct supervision of the Team Leader the successful candidate will:
- Prepare and process networks for efficient survey routing.
- Be a point of contact for surveyors and sub-contractors to assist with queries.
- Perform quality audits on processed datasets to ensure data meets the acceptable quality criteria.
- Resolve data anomalies and provide clear and concise feedback to sub-contractors when necessary.
- Prepare processed data and collate submission forms in preparation for data delivery.
- Explore innovative solutions to improve data processing and validation procedures.
- Liaise with Development Team to improve bespoke software tools.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Capable of using MS Office effectively (especially Word and Excel).
- Enthusiasm for new and dynamic technology.
- Understanding of GIS (especially MapInfo) is highly desirable.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Good eye for detail, ability to spot errors.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to ensure business needs are met.
As our business is constantly evolving its tools and technologies, there is a real expectation for the successful candidate to embrace technological developments and contribute towards our drive to being ‘right first time’. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work under their own initiative and assume responsibility to ensure the needs of the business are met, sometimes working beyond the scope of the day to day activities outlined above.
Yotta is an Equal Opportunities Employer